Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I FINISHED...

...and although there were times that I thought I wouldn't make it, or that I had bitten off much more than I could chew... I did make it to the finish line. This jacket involed a lot of firsts for me. Of course I had never made a Chanel look-a-like; never thought about quilting a lining to my fashion fabric; never truly bagged a lining; hadn't used much trim, and never completed a challenge.

Three years ago I would have never even thought about starting a project of this caliber.

My Mother sent this beautiful boucle to me last September and I really had planned on making a Chanel suit from it last Fall. Well that didn't happen, but when this challenge came along I signed right up. Of course I experienced some feelings of remorse shortly after joining and even thought about withdrawing my name from the challenge. But I presevered and here is my finished project.



This was quite a challenge and I want to thank Clever Girl and Cindy for setting this up. There are plans for a matching pencil skirt and a dressy blouse made from the same fabric as the jacket's lining. I have learned so much from all of the people who posted here, and I will be making another jacket of this type.
I'll take pictures wearing it as soon as the skirt and blouse are made.

I'll be cheering everyone else on to the finish line...

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks great, chain and all! The top and skirt are going to be easy after this ... I do hope you post a picture of yourself wearing it sometime (no pressure, it's just lovely to see all that work in action)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Well worth the effort and so nice to have been given the boucle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Faye! It looks beautiful! I think back to your post earlier this year, when you said you wanted to make this jacket, and I'm excited to see how lovely it's turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word. It is stunning. Be proud!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's truly beautiful and elegant. Will you model it for us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah! It looks wonderful! I still am amazed with the pattern alignment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fabulous job. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation for the accomplishment. It's so beautiful

    Marie-Noëlle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great result, your perseverance paid off.Enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! Post some modeling shots if you can.

    ReplyDelete