Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chanel Deadline

I am not going to make the Chanel deadline-but I don't think that is a problem. I am learning a lot and know what I am going to do differently when I make my own jacket-next year.
  • Thread tracing- I hand sewed each seam line with bright red thread. The entire time I kept wondering why this could not have been accomplished with chalk. If you know the couture reason, please let me know. I am sure it has something to do with perfection and quality..............


Quilted Lining-the next time I will be exact with my pins and inches. Thank goodness for the quilting foot. This fabric is bumpy and shifts like quicksand.
I am enjoying the process. D1 is very excited. I will be more meticulous with the next Chanel....

4 comments:

  1. I am not going to make the deadline either
    But it happens that life is quite unpredictable
    and other projects are interfering between me and my sweet Chanel jacket
    I guess that I won't be able to work on it before friday
    Today is a holiday in France and we got to visit my MIL
    Tomorrow I have 6 trousers to hem for a client

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are making great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry about a deadline. Most importants is that you enjoy sewing the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice shaped jacket with a little flaring at the bottom and I like the poppy pin!

    ReplyDelete