Sunday, January 24, 2010

Progress is slow but rewarding

Here is a quick run down of the progress to date.

Muslin completed, I cut two sizes smaller than called for, based on cutting out and completing another Claire Shaeffer pattern. As you can see it's very fitted, so I added to the back seam and a 1/4" to all of the pattern pieces. I also shortened the jacket and sleeves.
Chanel front muslin PL

The first fitting
I found it to be a little big and boxy, so some adjustments were made to make it a little more fitted. Since this is my muslin, I found the fabric to be a little thicker that what I will be making next.. Since the adjustments were minor (I noted them on the tracing but did not make the adjustments on the paper pattern).
basted jacket no sleeves front

The lining has been hand quilted with silk thread, I followed the lines of the plaid on the reverse and found that in some areas the stitching came too close to the seamlines and had to be restitched. Leave yourself at least 2" from the side seams and 4.5" from the bottom (I had a 2" hem, and this gave me a little leeway).
Hand quilting with silk thread

Now it's at the lining assembly.
005

1 comment:

  1. looking great! your jacket is going to be a stunner

    ReplyDelete