Wednesday, December 30, 2009

IF THERE IS ANYTHING I'VE LEARNED




it's don't settle! Whether it be shoes, a man or lining for a Chanel style jacket I have finally learned to have a little patience and wait to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know this blog is officially over but I had to find the lining I really wanted for this pink, gray and brown boucle. I wanted a print rather than a solid and it took about 25 swatches mailed from stores coast to coast, a trip to Nashville, OK City and NYC before I found it. Paron Fabrics came through for me with this brown abstract floral on a cream background and I am now well on my way to completing my second jacket. I am using Susan Khalje's techniques that I learned last fall in the class I took with her in ST. Louis. The pieces are all quilted, basted together and ready for a fitting. I am anticipating that the fitting will require some extra time since the last jacket was a much heavier wool boucle and I also want this one to have more wearing ease.

It has been fun to watch everyone's progress. I have been impressed by all the creativity, learned from the different ways problems have been solved and will miss logging on to see the latest. Bye for now.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics,worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry...the blog isn't over! Basically I just begun my Chanel and will be posting soon! I love your fabrics and it is well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OVER??? You can't be over, I want to see the finished jacket! I want to join the blog!
    Whaaaaaa.

    That is a beautiful combination of lining and fabric, you were right to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lining and I also haven't started my Chanel as we are in the middle of summer here in Australia and doing a jacket of any type at the moment just isn't going to happen.

    I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric choice is amazing and well worth the patience.
    Welcome to this great sal. I have not completed my jacket and I still have to wait till the holidays are are over to be able to go back to my sewing corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic combination of fabrics. I bet you'll enjoy the whole process when you have something so beautiful in your hands.
    Perhaps the SAL is officially over but I'm planning another similar jacket since I'm in FL for the winter months. I loved how the trim on my jacket turned out so will make the same jacket in totally different fabric...and since no one here in FL has seen the other one it will be "new." Only my virtual sewing friends will know the secret:-)

    ReplyDelete