Friday, April 23, 2010
My jacket is finished
and the functional sleeve vents and hand buttonholes
Nevertheless,though I made a muslin and I am not happy with the sleeve heads. I supposed it is because the sleeves are not from the same pattern as the bodice. The shoulders shoud be shorter I think, too bad realy. Another explanation is perhaps that the shoulders seams elongated because they have not been staystiched. This has just occured to me. Anyway I will have to do with this. I will try not to think about this when I wear the jacket. Here is what it looks like seen from the back
Here are some more shots.
I don't know if will wear this jacket a lot, but I learned a tremendous amount of things in the making. The whole experience was a challenge I enjoyed every minute. I wisht to thank Cindy and Antoinette for organizing this stitch along. I would love to renew that type of sal with another garment. I know that I would probably not have completed the jacket witout this blog.