Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shabby chic: done at last!



My #1 trial Chanel: finished and inaugurated at work, and then - in the middle of taking pics just now, it "unfinished" itself. As luck would have it, the bottom hook broke- OK, I broke it, wanting to first tighten it a tad, then un-tighten. I will, of course, replace it - and all the others, as these here, though a great colour match to the rest, appear have been designed with form but no function - they keep popping open. Arrrrgh.



So, do I love it? Ummmmmm.... I DO love the three piece sleeve with the in your face vent and buttons running up to the earlobes! I'm not crazy about the slightly rumpled look, or the fact that my chain is too light to give the hem a good downwards tug - I think I'll replace that too. I think I might eventually replace the trim, if I can find something better, as this thin little twisted cord is doing a terrific disappearing act (you didn't even notice it was there?! what did I tell you!)

I love my leather buttons! Isn't it nice how the little things can give us so much pleasure?

3 comments:

  1. The sleeves a really great and I like the fit
    Hope you'll enjoy wearing your Chanel Jacket

    Marie-Noëlle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's become a lovely jacket. Looks very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric and buttons are wonderful, and the fit is great! I think a more interesting trim might punch it up the the point that you love it. I really love the little red brooch you are wearing with it.

    ReplyDelete