Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chanel-style Jacket at Ann Taylor

Hello, everyone! I haven't been sewing my jacket yet, but I've been doing a lot of pondering about fabric, trims, etc. I stopped into Ann Taylor yesterday and discovered this cute Chanel knock-off. 260 smackers!

It did give me a lot of inspiration, though. I love the use of trims here: ruffled grosgrain over chiffon, and a big grosgrain rose with organza petals.

I also like the fit, with its slightly shrunken silhouette.

So that's it for me for now. More pondering and fabric swatching to come!

4 comments:

  1. i like that trim. Hmmm... very cute. some snoop shopping might be in order. :-D

    although- yikes, it seems to stop at the shoulder line. I can't imagine paying that much for a jacket without the trim going all the way around- that's got to be one of my biggest peeves with RTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the detail! And I like the length of the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I'd wear! Love the detail, love the cropped style, maybe jacket number 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went at Zara and they have several Chanel style jackets

    ReplyDelete